Monday 17 January 2011

The Wonders of Modern Technology



OH I do like to be beside the seaside... a dull day, and I was feeling lazy, sitting watching a craft TV shopping channel ( I didn't buy anything, I hasten to add) whilst rescuing a two-thirds knitted cardigan, when a friend called round to see me.

She showed me her newly created website at http://www.anamcaraspirituality.org/ which is a work in progress (just like my cardigan, but much cleverer), but is well worth a visit, with poems,reflections and photographs. She is aiming to explore a wide range of spirituality, art, poetry, and stories from the Christian tradition, and plans to include visits to places of pilgrimage.

In case you're wondering, the name 'anam cara' is a Gaelic phrase meaning 'beloved', 'soul friend'. It was used by Irish poet and philosopher John O'Donohue in his book Anam Cara about friendship and spirituality.

Anyway, my friend has turned many of her pictures into video clips, with music, and I was so impressed I just had to have a go, so here is my first effort, using some of the snaps I took when we visited Chichester at the end of last year.

It brought back memories of a happy weekend, and I was delighted with my efforts(although I'm not sure about the musical accompaniment) so now I'm searching for suitable music for some of my other pictures.... I had such fun, and by the time she left a dull suddenly seemed much brighter.

Anyway, here is the link to my 30-second 'video': www.animoto.com/play/rmEvs924Z7VT7sYsn47dJw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I love to hear from readers.